Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nom nom nom

Okay. It's 4am, and this is now the fifth attempt at posting something here. Damn thing seems to have eaten my last however-many-posts. I'm fed up and about to collapse; so sorry this space will be filled sometime later when I'm awake.

In the meantime, I'll post something I wrote a while back when I was bored. The following is a copy/paste from a Facebook note I wrote (hah. that rhymed), and yes, I know it has nothing to do with anything. I just have this thing about after spending the last god knows how long trying to rewrite posts from memory, and still failing, that I shall not leave this space depressingly short.

Now I feel at least a little accomplished




I became interested in flight and aviation when I was much younger. My father would take me to Martin State Airport; pulled over at a little observation area near the fence. My grandfather would tell me stories about how F-86 Sabers saved him and his platoon in Korea.

Since then, I became interested in PC simulation, and military flight simulation. When I was in a writing mood I decided to write a few lines after hearing some stories from friends ( real combat pilots )I had met while flying these simulators.



-- Ode to the Falconeer

Soaring effortlessly amongst the windswept heaven,
Rising on metal wings above Angels Eleven,
He is the guardian of the unmet brothers down below,
Comrades with their arms in tow, marching to meet their dire foe.

When danger he spies from above, no time for them to heed his call.
Action conspires with fate, as he takes himself and his life into free fall.

Falling with the wrath of heaven,
The burning power blazing in the descent.
Diving with a fierce range in his eyes,
Smiting for liberty, in his Cadillac of the Skies.
--- Jack Rappazzo

No comments: